At Peñoles, sustainability is a fundamental pillar of our business strategy to ensure long-term growth and stability. We implement best practices and manage sustainability throughout our operations and value chain, for the benefit of present and future generations. See our Sustainable Development Policy.
We published our progress report on climate change following the principles and recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). View report here.
“It is Peñoles’ policy to guarantee continuous, productive and safe operations; as well as respecting the environment, communities and health in our operational context. The foregoing, founded on a culture of protection and prevention, enriched by consultation and participation of workers and their representatives.
Our operations must be conducted through a comprehensive management system, subject to continuous improvement, compliant with institutional standards, which include hazards elimination, risks reduction, as well as compliance with legal requirements and commitments that we subscribe with our clients and other interested parties.”
See our Sustainable Development Policy.
The integration of our business activities and economic objectives with quality of life for our staff and respect for surrounding communities, while preserving the environment.
The proper risk management across all stages of our processes and operations, underpinned by a comprehensive management system focused on prevention.
- Strategic business alignment and ESG issues
- Ensure transparent accountability
- Creation of a structure and clear definition of roles and responsibilities
- ESG Strategy
- Roadmaps and goal setting
- Monitoring of ESG performance with accurate and cutting-edge socio-environmental indicators
- Proposal of roadmaps, goals and associated projects for: climate change; biodiversity; water; human rights; diversity, equity and inclusion; health and safety; tailings deposits; mine closures; value chain; community relations.
- Establishment of a systemic approach that guarantees productive operations with excellent socio-environmental performance
- Implementation of periodic audits (internal and external)
- Central support team for all levels of Governance
- Implementation of a socio-environmental compatibility mindset
Peñoles holds awards and certifications in the field of Social Responsibility, Environment, Health and Safety, among others, demonstrating our commitment to national and international excellence and best practices. Learn more
We promote the preservation, protection and conservation of the environment and implement significant measures to mitigate the impact of our operations.View more
We encourage efficient, safe and clean operations; we maintain respectful and mutually beneficial relationships with communities.View more
We establish strong business practices to foster socio-economic development and generate value for our stakeholders.View more